Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's the way you make me feel

When a person makes you feel worse about yourself more than they make you feel good, is it time to stand up and part ways?

The older I get the more I think that life is just too short, and whilst there are difficulties in any relationship, and trying times are part and parcel, if more often than not someone makes you feel bad, it's not ok. Is that a selfish attitude?

I don't expect to be spoken to in terse tones in response to genuine questions.
I don't expect to not be able to ask questions to find the answers and allow myself to make a decision of what course of action to take.
I don't expect to be sworn at in front of my son.

I expect to be considered and cared for when I'm unwell.
I expect to be spoken to in kindness.
I expect to be able to have constructive conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment